Front and Rear Leveling kits
You might have heard the term used with your off-roading buddies, but you still might not be sure what a leveling kit is or what it does. In short, a leveling kit is an aftermarket component which raises your suspension. It can be used on the front or the rear of the vehicle to "level" it out, by lifting your suspension 1" or more. There are a variety of reason for why you might need one. Here are just a few!
- You have gotten a lift on your vehicle and need to match the front to the rear.
- Improving the ride of your vehicle if one end is higher than the other.
- You want a more aggressive stance of your vehicle without massive suspension changes.
- You are hauling heavy loads or towing a trailer and need the added clearance a rear leveling kit will provide.
- You are experiencing minor tire rub and need additional clearance without switching out shocks and springs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Leveling Kits
There are many different reasons you might want a leveling kit, whether it is aesthetics or practical reasons. The benefits of adding a leveling kit are numerous, but there are also some disadvantages as well.
Leveling Kit Pros
- Leveling kits are inexpensive when compared with an entire lift or suspension replacement.
- They install quickly and immediately change the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Leveling kits are versatile in how they are used, but simple in how they function.
- Sometimes you just need a little lift and not a complete overhaul with all the parts needed for a large build project.
Leveling Kit Cons
- Leveling kits are limited in the amount of lift they provide.
- Leveling kits are not a substitute for a suspension lift, especially when running larger tires and wheels.
- You are still limited to the capabilities and limitations of stock parts.
Contact the team at Daystar Today
Daystar has been helping other off roading enthusiasts with their suspension upgrades and lifts for years. Our knowledgeable staff knows exactly what you need to improve your vehicle because we are off-roaders ourselves! Our parts are tested in the workshop as well as on the trail so that we can bring you superior quality at an affordable price. Upgrade your truck, car, UTV or motorcycle today. We give you a lot more for less!